Emergency Electrician Rockingham
When it comes to using electrical power, you can never be too safe. Making sure that you have safety measures in place keeps your home or business free from fires and other accidents. It pays to always look out for electrical emergencies that can arise anytime.
What is an Electrical Emergency?
An electrical emergency happens due to various factors that result in electrical shocks or fires, which may include:
1. Faulty wiring
When you have darkened switches or outlets that look charred, these may be signs of faulty wiring. Also, be wary of flickering lights or frequently blown fuses.
2. Electrical appliances near water
Any electrical device near water can lead to electrical shock.
3. Damaged or exposed cords
This includes electrical tools and appliances with unsafe cords or plugs.
4. Defective electrical appliances
Continuing to use defective devices increases your risk for an electrical emergency.
Steps to take in an Electrical Emergency
Remember to always stay calm and be prepared. You'll need: (1) on-hand fire extinguishers, (2) and emergency contact numbers at all times.
During extreme emergencies, here are safety measures to take, in case of specific electrical accidents.
A. Electrical Shock from Appliances
Home appliances are the number one cause of electrical fires. Here's what to do when that happens:
- Do not make contact with the person who has received an electrical shock.
- Safely unplug the appliance; turn off the main power switch.
- Seek emergency services and an ambulance.
- Keep the injured person lying down until medical help arrives.
B. Fires Caused by Electrical Appliances
Faulty wiring near flammable objects can cause electrical fires. Follow these steps if a fire breaks out:
- Call the fire brigade at once. Contact an ambulance next if someone has been injured.
- Do not attempt to douse water on electrical fires so as not to fuel it further.
- If you know how to use a fire extinguisher, use one that's available onsite. Otherwise, quickly leave.
During Office Hours, Call Coastal Electrics
If you want to protect your home or business from electrical emergencies, Coastal Electrics is here to help! Call Coastal Electrics during office hours for a consult.
Our Clients Include